Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pixie Dust Everywhere!

Alright. Just for the record. I am a Fairy Godmother in Training at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Cinderella Castle. I swear I am. It suddenly occured to me that I rarely talk about what I do. I have to say that it is one of the most rewarding roles at Disney World. I love it there.

I come home with so many stories of little Princesses having their wish come true. Too many stories to remember. But there are six main reasons why I love my role:

1. Seeing the expressions of the little girls and knights when we turn them around and they have all this pixie dust all over them. The most precious moments is when their eyes get big and their mouth drops. I have had Princesses gasp and let out a little squeal after seeing themselves for the first time. Some Princesses expressions make me want to cry. It's really hard not to cry at the Boutique. Of course I get some Princesses who are expereinced Princesses before and they take a trip to the Boutique every year, so they know what to expect. They know the stories and I don't get as big as a reaction, but I am so happy when I am done knowing that I made a Princess that day. How many people do you know that get to make Princesses and Knights everyday? I also get shy Princesses and Princesses that talk the whole time. My number one reason is kind of scatterd. If you understand this, then you get a cookie from Tinkerbell at the end of the day.

2. Seeing the Make-A-Wish children come in and turn into beautiful Princesses. Big Cry Moment!

3. Corronating Princesses from all over the World. I have met Princesses from France, Brazil, England, and Scotland.

4. Telling stories and answering questions. Where does Pixie Dust come from? How does Tinkerbell come in here? Are those the Princesses real crowns there and which ones do they belong too? Are there real pirates knocking at that door?  Of course you won't fly away dear.

5. Coming into contact with so many Princesses and their Royal Families! I think this kind of ties into Number one. Wooo! Here it is again!!!

6. Princess Hugs (Almost forgot!)..Story Warning!!! I asked one little princess to practice giving a hug to me before she went to go see Cinderella and she ran up to me and almost knocked me off my feet. She was 5! She didn't let go either. Smile Moment. Second Hugging Story. Two little twin 4 year old Princesses were checking out (I did one!) and one of the twins would hug any Princess that came up to the front. She even kissed one unsuspecting Princess on the cheek.

One thing past Fairy Godmothers in Training told me was that you will come home with Pixie Dust everywhere. And that is the truth! In your hair. In your shoe. On your forehead (Princess hugs). Everywhere! Loving that Pixie Dust. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment