Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Housing Inspections

Alright. Housing Inspections were not as scary as I thought they would be. I was up until 4 a.m. wiping down counters and organizing all my drawers. I also woke up and cleaned a little more. Our apartment wasn't even dirty, but in my mind, there was dirt everywhere. Yeah over reacting imagination!

So, I text my next door neighbor and he told me that they were in the building...I freak out...again. Then came the knock on my door. Two men came in. No hello, no introductions. They threw down their stuff and went through my whole apartment, writing stuff down as they went. They came back to me, who was still at the door, and awarded the apartment with the White Glove Award! Wooo!!!

With inspections, you either pass, fail, or get the white glove award. With this award, you get chocolates and a thank you card. I would have loved the reward, but I hate chocolate (Ahhh! She can't be human. I have my days when I question it too). My roommate loved the chocolates. I didn't have to ask her. She leaves a trail of wrappers behind and the chocolates are disappearing one by one.

Basically, for inspections, you need trash emptied out. Dishes clean. Clean the fridge and the freezer (they do look inside), and make sure you don't have anything on the floor. You can awesome rent a vacuum cleaner from the front office of your apartment so there is no excuse why there are crumbs hidden under the sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment