Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Long Time No Post

Alright, so it may seem like I have fallen off the face of the Earth, but let me assure you I have not. I have just been so busy with work that I have not had time for my blog. Now things have finally settled down and I can finally share some (some is confidential) of the great memories I have been experiencing.

Life at the Boutique is wonderful. I had five days of training. Five long hard days of training and now I can officially call myself a Fairy Godmother in Training (FGIT).  It was not an easy process. After traditions, you will have park orientation. Depending on where you work, every park orientation is different. Mine took place at the Magic Kingdom. You get your costume after park orientation and the next thing is day 1 training. Everyone's training schedule is different. Some people start training right away while others have training a couple days later. My training was right away. All training consists of you and a few other people doing the same role as you following someone around all day long. Fun right? Actually it was a lot of fun. My trainer was excellent and she had quite a reputation in the boutique as being one of the best FGIT's around. Everyone in the boutique have been super helpful and supportive and I can honestly say that we are all one big family.

Right now, I am working about 6 hours a day, 5 days a week and come home exhausted. It's not easy being a FGIT. No amount of pixie dust in our magic wands can make me use to to working so much.

My roommate and I are getting along great. She's super nice and we both love Theatre and talk about it a lot together. We also can't seem to keep our refrigerator stocked. We are constantly going to the store for more groceries. I have met some of the next door neighbors too, and they are all friendly too. One of my neighbors even educated me on the right way to hunt for those elusive rare Disney pins that I want to start collecting.

Surprisingly, I have not gotten sick of Disney yet. I want to come home and visit family and friends in August (need to save money for the plane ticket), but I am still up on my Disney high right now. I really love my job. I mean, who wouldn't want to play with Princesses and their royal families all day? Not saying that it isn't stressful. Parents and little girls aren't always the best mix sometimes.

Tomorrow is my first apartment inspection. I have plants in my apartment and I don't even know if I am allowed to have them and our apartment is no where near tidy. We are going to be up late tonight cleaning. I'll let you know how it goes tommorrow.

Also, I am waking up early to get a pirate stitch doll that is stuck in the corner of a claw machine. Being the crazy person I was, I called over a cast member and complained that where the stitch was located, no one could get to it and it was the only pirate stitch in the machine. This cast member talked to his supervisiors and hopefully tommorrow they will readjust the location of pirate stitch. They didn't have the right key tonight. It's sad when that is one of the highlights of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment