Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jewelry Marathon

With only 6 days before I leave for Florida, I have been in jewelry making mode the whole morning trying to have enough last over the Summer.

My mom and I own a jewelry business called, Anita's Jewelry Designs. We make earrings, bracelets, and necklaces out of stones, pearls, glass, and chinese crystal. My mom has been making jewelry for about 15 years and I just started about 4 years ago helping her out at her art fairs and farmers market.

Visit her website. There is some really nice things on there and more to come when she figures out to work the website. (Love you mom) 

I think one of the things I will miss while I am in Florida is the bonding time I spend with my mom when we do a show together. I help her set up the tent, tables, displays, and jewelry. I also help her with sales and resizing.

To help with one of our shows, my mom has borrowed another kid and I have been kind of showing her the ropes with customers questions and set up. It's weird training someone for a job you have had for years. Especially since I am really particular on details. I won't even let my mom help me set up the booth because of it and she owns it!

While I in Disney, I hope to learn how to just relax and let others try on their own without going nuts if something isn't right. Breathe Whitney breathe. I might try the little rubber band trick. "Whitney relax. You're becoming crazy." Pop! "Thank you Mr. Rubber band for bringing me back to my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment