Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Check-in, Casting, Location, Apartment!!!

Words cannot explain how tired I am this morning. Yesterday was a bit overwhelming. Lots of people, lots of information, and sad goodbyes. On Sunday night, I had dinner with the some people checking in on June 13th. I met another girl, Betsy, who was doing the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, asked a billion in one questions to the alumni who was sitting at our table, and exchanged many phone numbers. I also figured to get the one bedroom at Chatham, my roommate who is a doll (Found her over Facebook before I came. I recommend knowing your roommate before you come), we needed to be there at 6 a.m.

On the day of check in, I arrived at 5:45 a.m.at Vista Way and there was about 6 other people there. We all talked and by 7:00 the line had grown drastically. I also met other awesome people in line (shout out to Natalie and Tamara!)


They let us in at around 8:00 a.m. and after that there was no turning back. They gave you a temporary name tag and you went through a maze of different stations. You received your housing guide (which you practically had to take out the whole day), took your housing i.d., chose your roommates/or apartments, get the bus schedule, and got your parking decal.
After I got through the maze, I had about a hour to go check out our new apartment with my roommate. We received a one bedroom at Chatham Square. All the apartments were beautiful, but Chatham appealed to us more although we almost went with Vista Way.

The apartment was huge! We lived on the third floor and had a balcony and our apartment building wasn't too far from the bus stop.
After viewing and moving in a few things, we went to the Casting building. Disney had a bus pick us up and what did we find...another maze. But this maze was fun. While standing in line, you find out your location right away...

Drumroll please......I am a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Cast Member at Cinderella Castle!! ^ ^

I am going to be crazy busy, but it's worth it. I have never been to Magic Kingdom and now I get to work inside the castle. I really did not have a preference for work location. I liked either location. But the cool part is...my roommate got the same location as me. She's also doing BBB at Cinderella Castle. We will be seeing a lot of each other.

After you find out your location, you turn in all your forms over the course of a hour and a half. You can sign up for classes if you still wanted to, you get a background check, and they serve you snacks (the best part in my opinion ^^ Snacks make everything better).  I also got my work schedule for the next couple of days. I have early morning Traditions tommorrow and training starts on Thursday.

At 3:00 p.m., we had to go to a two hour housing meeting to talk about rules of living in the apartments. I got done with Casting at around 11:45 a.m., so I had unpacked more things and went to Wal-Mart to pick up some organizing things I couldn't bring with me on the plane. After the housing meeting, I went to IKEA for some plants and some other decorating items and went to Wal-Mart for some food and cake making stuff for an epic "Lets invite our neighbors over by bribing them with food" event.

I also found out my friends back home had a bonfire and apparently set up a picture of me in a chair and one of my friends spent the entire night trying to make me (my picture) laugh. Don't ask.

Today, I am spending the last few hours with my mom and grandma. Thye leave tonight and fly back home to Michigan. It will be a sad goodbye, but I am excited for Traditions tommorrow. ^ ^

No comments:

Post a Comment