Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Transportation

- Transportation -
Disney transporation is interesting. A lot of questions come about whether or not you should bring your own car down with you. Disney has there own transportation system to get you to where you need to be. Busses to and from work places (parks, hotels, downtown disney, water parks, etc)  typically run every 30-45 minutes. The bus system, run by American Coach, takes you where you need to go whether that be to work or to go play in the parks with friends.
 
 
First hand look at the bus systems
 
 
This link descibes the bus system and bringing your own car down with you. My roommate had her own car that she bought down fom Maryland. I did not have a car.
  
Also tip number 5,509, make sure you make it your bus ten minutes before its scheduled departure time. I got lazy and because my building was so close to the bus stop, I would cut my time really close which sometimes resulted in me missing my bus. That is bad. Especially when you are trying to get to work by a certain time. Also, tip #5,855, don't get on the bus that will get you to work right on time. Go a few busses before that one so in case your bus is late or doesn't come on which happens more than you think, you still have time to make it to work on time! If this doesn't make sense now, don't worry, once you arrive and start using the system, it becomes very clear to you.
 
I did not have my own car and I got around fine. Again, since I lived at Chatham, I would just walked to the Outlet mall, less than ten minutes, and take either a city bus to where I wanted to go or take an I-Ride Trolley. The I-Ride Trolley was my first choice of transportation and it brought me all the main Orlando attractions including Outlet Malls, Internation Drive, Sea World, and Universal Studios. And because you are a cast member, it only costs 25 cents to ride it.
 
Events
Now, living at Disney housing isn't all about going to work and coming home. Don't worry. Disney does enough things that you will always be entertained. I will have seperate posts about everything they do, but popular events are Night of Stars and Grocery Bingo. Also, the bus system takes you to Walmart, Publix, and The Florida Mall. There are also field trips to various places throughout your program like to Busch Gardens. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment