Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Process

     Alright. Now that I got the nasty, boring, technical stuff out the way, I can talk about my own process. Lucky for me, I have had my share of ups and and downs with this program. I actually applied for the program last year for the Spring 2011 season. I applied for it in October, was pended in November, and got denied December 10th. I attended my school's presentation of the program and I knew I really wanted to do it, but after getting rejected (a very nasty word in my book), I kind of forgot about the program.

     So for the Fall program 2011, I thought I would apply again after hearing about it through one of my friends at school. I applied for it February 25th and had my phone interview February 28th. My top four were Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess, Merchandise (Thank-you mom for all those years of working with you and the jewelry business. It gave the recruiter and me something to talk about for 20 minutes), Attractions, and Character Attendant. It was a sad day on March 4th when I received my white envelope telling me I was pended. They needed more time to process my application, but after the first time I was pended in November, I was skeptical. I joined a Facebook group to help me let out all my Disney anticipation along with hundreds of other people who were eagerly awaiting their decisions as well.

     On March 16th, I received two other white letters from Disney that I thought were rejection letters for sure. Acceptance letters are purple. I opened both and they told me I was pended again. Just a computer mishap. UGH Disney. You played with my emotions.

     I gave up hope in mid April. They had to let everyone know for the Fall and Fall Advantage season a decision by April 30th and the closer you are to April 30th, in my opinion, the less  chance you had to get accepted because roles fill up. Well, on April 25th at 5:04 p.m. I got the email that I was accepted into the program as a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hostess cast member for the Fall Advantage program which meant that I would be leaving in May or June (depending on what date I picked) till January. I think I died of happiness that day and Thank God for my grandma who brought me back to life so I could accept the invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment