Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Packing

Alright, I promised myself that I wouldn't write about stuff like this, but I figured since it's my blog and I warned you in the Welcome section that I don't know what to talk about then it is alright for me to do it. Today I am going shopping for the last bit of t-shirts that I will get before I head down to Florida.

I am use to Michigan weather and even in the Summer, I can wear shirts with tank tops or other shirts underneath. Well, in Florida, the weather there is a whole different beast. It's a high of 65 here today and it's almost 85 in Florida. I also have to prepare for the humidity.

I also have to scout out a few business attire outfits. I plan on taking a few Disney classes while I am down there, and you must wear business attire to the classes. I need a few more blouses and so I will probably going to New York and Company for those. I love their selection on business attire and they are very affordable.

The reason I have chosen to put this section in my blog is not just to talk about shirts and weather, but I have also included a list of what someone might need when they go down. I kind of wanted this blog to be a good reference for people in some far out future to find and help prepare them for the college program.

As I count down the days, I also scout out boxes to ship things down to Florida. I plan on shipping a Television (only because my mom did not like my idea of carrying it on the plane with me. I wonder why?), bedding set, and some room decorations (note - Disney Apartments do not want you to put up anything on the walls. There are a few exceptions). I have heard of a lot of people shipping things down for the program and sending it to their hotels or to the apartments, so I will give everyone some more information later on about it. I plan on shipping it to my hotel.


Bedroom/Closet
1. Bedding (twin size)
2. Comforter
3. Blanket
4. Sheets (a couple of sets)
5. Pillow(s)
6. Pillow cases
7. Bed Padding
8. Organizational supplies for under the bed
9. Decorations -Remember no wall decorations
10. White board and markers (for roommate messages)
11. Calendar
12. Extension Cords (2)
13. Fan -It's hot!
14. Alarm clock
15. Garbage can / bags
16. Clothes (business, casual, etc.)
17. Shoes (business, athletic, etc.)
18. Lamp
19. Hangers - Important!
20. Laundry basket / hamper
21. Laundry soap 
22. Swimming suit
23. Beach towel

Bathroom/Linen Closet
1. Shower organizer
2. Floor mat
3. Air freshener
4. Shampoo / conditioner
5. Towels (bath and face)
6. Brush
7. Hair stuff (bobby pins, elastics)
8. Toothbrush / toothpaste
9. Floss
10. Contacts/Glasses
11. Deodorant
12. Razors
13. Shaving cream
14. Medicine
15. Pads
16. Hand soap
17. Cup for toothbrush, etc.
18. Tweezers

Kitchen/Living Room
1. Paper towels
2. Potholders
3. Masking tape / sharpies to help label food
4. Tupperware
5. Paper plates
6. Plastic silverware
7. Plastic cups
8. Napkins
9. Travel mug
10. Wall clock
11. Colander

Cleaning Supplies
1. Lysol / bathroom spray
2. Kitchen trash bags
3. Clorox wipes
4. Sponges
5. Dish detergent
6. Rubber gloves

Electronics
1. Laptop / laptop sleeve / charger
2. Digital camera / charger
3. Cell phone / charger
4. Ipod / charger / headphones
5. External hard drive / flash drive
6. Extension cords / surge protectors
7. Mouse / web cam / cooling pad / laptop lock
8. DVD player
9. DVDs

Borrowed this list from the Facebook Group and tweaked it a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment