Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

And We shall Resume

When I left this blog, I had just mentioned that I had become sick. I was out of work for ten days and ended up avoiding the parks since I was on medical leave. One of the rules at Disney is if you call out, then you are not allowed to go to the parks. Depending on your leader, you could get terminated from the program. So after I left the hospital and went to the Boutique to tell my leaders and give them my Doctor's note, I was required not to work for a whole weekend. There really isn't much to do when you have no car and you aren't allowed to go to the parks. This was also before I bought my annual pass to Universal. So I went to Downtown Disney a lot. I took some pictures with my friend and then went home and moped.
I moped around my apartment. I moped to my rooommate and then I called my friend and moped to her. And then I took like 50 showers and moped until I went to sleep. That was my exciting weekend until I got back to work.

It was during this time that I got the bright idea to go home and to prove to my mom and grandma that I did not die from being in the hospital and I was in fact alright. I planned my trip home the second week in August and was able to switch shifts with some of the other FGIT's so I could fly home for three days and see my friends and family.
One of good friends, Tamara, who worked Outdoor Food and Beverage at Animal Kingdom decided to take me to the beach in Tampa. We went along with my other friend Justin who worked Merchandise in Frontierland. We were suppose to go to the beach in Tampa, but got lost and just kept following signs that told us there was a beach and ended up at the St. Pete Beach which was about a hour away from Tampa. Why we just didn't stop and ask for directions is a matter left unsaid.

Tip number 5,012.3, make sure you know someone with a car if you did not bring your own. It makes your life easier. You can get away from Disney for a while and that can be a good thing. Sometimes you need a Disney free day. Go to the 50,000 beaches that Florida has and watch the sunset. Don't think about the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment